Pages

Thursday 31 December 2015

Saying goodbye to 2015...

'Woman' by Willi Soukop R.A.
London, December 2015.

If there's one thing I've learnt about being in my 20s, it's that life is constantly characterised by being in a state of flux. The past two years were meant to be about staying in one place, trying to put down some roots. But restlessness is striking once more and the biggest news of 2016 is that I'm going to be moving to Stockholm for half a year. 

2015 has been a good year. I partied in Berlin with Francis, experienced rainy Midsomer in Gothenburg, made too many hats, and started a second degree. I played loads of gigs with my band, rediscovered my love of sewing,  got an awesome bike and developed very muscular legs. These are some of the good things; there have been tantrums and tears along the way, and at the moment I'm so broke it's not even funny!

I'm always making plans that I never seem to be able to entirely pull off: I get too distracted by the myriad of things to do, that I never quite seem to manage to finish. I stopped making new year's resolutions a few years ago; it seemed like just another to-do list that I wouldn't be able to finish. Life's a work-in-progress. 

One thing I loved about going back to university was the fact that my life got some structure and sense of purpose back. So some things that I know I will accomplish in 2016 are easy: get my Masters degree, live in another country, and learn another language. 

Instead of resolutions, I just want to implement some changes - things that I've chosen to do for once. 
My 2016 plans are:

+ To get up earlier

+ To stop wearing red and purple together

+ To get my Masters!

Right, back to my essay...

No comments:

Post a Comment